For us designers and developers it is one of the best platforms or website engines to build a business website on top of.
The power of WordPress is manifold.
Here are some of the key attributes that make up WordPress such an engine to use on a website.
- It is has paved the way for a new evolution in website design and development.
- There is a small learning curve that is involved in creating pages and posts with a WordPress website.
- Once the first hurdle is made the rest is easier.
- If you can use word processing software like Microsoft Word then you can create pages and posts just as easily.
- In the long term you will save money – because there really is not much work to be done with WordPress websites.
- Adding new posts/pages is easy and editing existing ones are just as easier. You can do 80% of the work yourself after getting the site ready by a professional web designer.
- It is built with a secure back end. You will need login credentials to login and alter content. It makes it easy to edit the site from anywhere around the world.
- Security can be increased with added plugins that do a great job at it too.
- Changes to your site is immediate. You can make an instant change there and than.
- Your site is consistent throughout and the look and feel of the site is uniform.
- The menu system can be changed as simple as moving and adding relevant posts and pages to the structure.
- Do you want to schedule posts or pages for future release? Yyou can do that too, and quite simply.
- There are 100’s of quality plugins that are free to increase the functionality of the website, much cheaper than traditional website updates.
- Do you want to add membership to your site? Now with the addition of a premium plugin you can do this just as easily.
- WordPress is always updated and old bugs are removed consistently to streamline the smooth functioning of the site.
- Engage users with Audio, Video and Graphics.
- Traditional websites are hard and costly to change their designs.
- The theme (the design or the look and feel) of the site can be changed instantly with a new one.
- Search engines love these types of websites.
- WordPress sites are SEO (Search Engine Optimized) friendly from step 1.
- By getting involved with your sites content – adding new pages and posts becomes a second nature to you. Do it often to expose your site even more to search engines.
- Search engines love websites that get fresh new content on a regular basis and they love sending you new visitors based on your main key topics on the pages.
- These types of sites get indexed quite regularly within hours if not minutes.
- The site can be divided into categories to easily group similar topics or products together. This makes it easy to move around the site.
- WordPress sites inspires repeat visitors.
- There is option of having a two way communications with your visitors to your site and you get to control which comments are published. This is the power of social networking in action.
- WordPress can link with major social sites to get even more exposure and connect with even more users on a daily basis.
- WordPress sites are a good way to increase brand awareness -> more content published results in the spread of your site via backlinks to articles on your site.
- Easy to identify what parts of your site is getting more attention. You can concentrate on the parts that are getting attention to generate more sales.
- Your content is automatically syndicated via RSS feeds that the site creates. It’s a standard that is used throughout the internet to let search engines other sites know what has just been published on the site.
- WordPress is a universal platform or engine that will be with us for a long time to come. It is big and leading the industry with high usage throughout the web.
Moving your existing site to WordPress is going to take some work but it’s not going to cost a lot in the long term. If you’re interested in moving your website over to WordPress with a new theme then let me know and I’ll quickly give you an estimate of the costs involved.
Did you know that my website and most of the new sites I build are all sitting on top of WordPress. It allows me to change the theme overnight thus making life a lot more interesting.