Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines. (It is a simple sentence with a lot of work needed to accomplish it.)
Optimizing a site for Search Engines is one of the primary goals of SEO.
SEO professionals consider many things to make it work correctly and be effective:
- How do search engines work.
- What do people search for on search engines.
- The actual search terms typed into search engines.
- Which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience.
In a nutshell optimizing a website involves these top attributes:
- Editing its content, the HTML code and other associated coding.
- Proper use of keywords within the document.
- Using main keyword categories with the header tags.
- Inclusion of “like keywords” with paragraphs throughout the document.
- Paying attention to links and entries in the document footer.
- Plus several other behind the page optimization work.
Other activities outside web-page optimization requires:
- Promoting a Site or a particular page.
- Increasing the number of backlinks, or inbound links to your site or page.
- Selecting and working with quality back-links rather than just any back link.
- Take into consideration not to “spam your own site” using excessive back links in a short time.
The art of SEO is quite involved in one hand and yet straight forward science that requires careful planning and execution. It is always changing and the big dogs make the rules.
Call us to discuss how we can improve your Search Engine Optimization and quality of your site.